Thursday, May 6, 2010

Toilet Paper Princess

Several of you daily readers have made several comments regarding my blog. While I appreciate the encouragement and the kind words, let me make one thing clear...NOTHING on my blog has been fabricated. These are all TRUE stories that have happened in the past 8 days. As crazy as it may seem, my family is just this strange. It's easy to write an entertaining blog when the cast of characters are THIS unique!

Today's story begins just after the kids arrived home from school...Sabrina was needing a moment of "personal time", shall we say, in the restroom. The rest of us were milling around in the kitchen, working on homework, eating a snack, baking cookies, etc. All of the sudden, we hear Sabrina start yelling for help...at our house, as I'm sure is the same in all of yours, this is a sign of what we affectionately call a "Toilet Paper Emergency." Because, you know, sometimes you begin your business without making sure you are fully prepared for the festivities at hand. Emily yells back, "Toilet paper emergency??" "Yes!"comes the reply from the other room. "Oh, great! Does anyone know where you keep the extra toilet paper in this house???!!?" I say.
At this point, Elizabeth Ann jumps up and says, "OH! That's my job!" She runs into the laundry room, locates the extra supplies, and run to rescue the stranded. When she returns into the room smiling, I said, "You must be the Toilet Paper Princess!" She just grinned and shook her head in reply. Jacob, who has been diligently finishing his homework and ignoring the chaos surrounding him, mutters under his breath, "That's not a title I would want."

Well, we are 76 days down and only 5 to go. All is well, relatively speaking...I mean, we haven't had to use the toilet auger yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment