Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 47...

The parents return in 8 days. So, I figure that means I have two choices. I can either take those 8 days and see exactly how many of the good habits that my brother and his wife have instilled in their children over the past 10 years I can eliminate, OR I can use those 8 days to start cleaning up the mess that we have created in the past 6 days. Hmmm....I think I'll just flip a quarter.

8 days...let's see, that's only 4 more soccer practices (all on Thursday), 4 more soccer games (all on Saturday), at least 3 more Volleyball practices, 4 more baseball games, 1 school field trip, 20 more math lessons that I can check, 5 more math lessons that Steve will have to check, and 30 more school lunches. For my math savvy readers, that means 3 more entire boxes of Capri-Sun.

But, today has been a great day. All the kids were delivered to school on time....

Wait, we interrupt this blog to bring you following message...Soccer coaches just sent out emails (even as I am typing this) and they have just rescheduled last Saturdays games (that were rained out) for Thursday night. Update from before: that makes 8 more soccer games. Let's go Dragons, Golden Eagles, Big Green Giants, and Gladiators!!

Now, back to my day....this afternoon I was walking into the house and nearly stepped on the friendly neighborhood lizard that lives under the house. After the initial blood-curdling scream, the children outside refused to go into the house through that door. I assured them that my shrieks of horror were MORE than enough to convince the lizard to go live somewhere else. It worked...until Kara spotted the lizard about 30 minutes later.

But, all is well. Currently, 5 kids are in bed, and Jacob is studying for a test. Actually, while taking a break from studying, he pulled up my blog on the internet (probably interested in seeing exactly what I'm saying about him on the internet). He then noticed, "Hey, you have more followers than mom. Apparently, people think 'sixagainsttwo' is more interesting than mom and dad in Israel." Well, Tab, I'll just leave you with that thought for the evening....

No comments:

Post a Comment