Friday, May 7, 2010

I love Norm.

I think the stress of the current "multiple-children, multiple-houses, multiple-schedules" may be starting to show on poor Norm. Yesterday morning, a pair of eyeglasses mysteriously appeared on the kitchen table. For a full 24 hours now, I have been asking everyone in the house, multiple times, "Whose glasses are these??" See, I have 3 girls and 1 husband who all wear glasses....it's just that Norm typically wears his contacts. No one would claim the superfluous glasses.

At other times, Norm was under the impression that he had left his glasses, which he wears at night after removing his contacts, at OUR house. The WEBB house. In an effort to make things as easy on the kids as possible, we are currently residing at the BRITNELL house. However, as you can guess, Norm and I have to make multiple trips between houses to have everything we need. Now, back to my story...

So, no one would claim the glasses. I finally decided that they must be an old pair of Barry's that kids play with on occasion and no one wanted to admit to getting them out to play with them. Fine. FINALLY, last night, as Norm was getting in bed, he says, "Hey, I wonder if those glasses are mine?" As I'm sure you have already figured out, they were....I wish I knew how many times I have asked for the owner to speak up...it never occurred to Norm that they could be his.

But, in his defense, he had already had an interesting evening. While I was inside, Norm went outside, after dark, to take care of something. With no outside lights on, I believe his thought process was something like this..."Wow, it's dark out here, I hope I don't walk into..." POW! As the wrought-iron Tiki torch that is beside Barry's patio smacked him in the face, he realized that perhaps he should have turned the outside lights on. By the time I saw him, he had black soot all over his face, down his shirt, and on his hands. "What happened to you??!?" I asked. "Uh, well, I walked into a tiki torch." Okay. I think we a vacation.

I slept well last night. After getting 6 kids home from school, homework done, 4 kids into ball uniforms, 6 kids fed, 4 kids delivered to ball parks, attending 4 games (with only one win in the bunch - Go Gladiators!), making an apple pie for the bake sale at school today, and washing uniforms for another game tonight and multiple games on Saturday, who WOULDN'T have slept well!?!

1 comment:

  1. I hate to laugh at Norm's misfortune, but I'll admit to sniggering a bit over the tiki torch incident. :)

    ReplyDelete