Friday, May 7, 2010

Ahhh...It's Friday

Ah, Friday. I can't even begin to list the multiple things on my calendar today. Thankfully, I'm happy to report that I think I was successful in completion of the things that had to be done today. Although, it's 9:30pm and I'm still processing laundry...and Jacob still has not returned from his ballgame in Ardmore...so that means one more dirty uniform. I think I'll leave that for tomorrow.

Why am I not at Jacob's game? Well, as stated before, it's in Ardmore...'nuff said. Apparently, my enthusiasm for my nephew's successful baseball career has a 10 mile radius.

Several things have happened over the past 24 hours. I'm happy to report that Norm has not walked into anything else. I'm sad to report that the modem at my brother's house has selected yesterday as the day to pass on to the great modem of tranquility in the sky. It has already been missed. Thankfully, a new one is being delivered Monday. I know what you're thinking..."How is she able to continue to add posts to her blog?" Well, let's review...we are currently "keepers" of multiple houses and...wait for it...the modem at my parent's house works great! (So, if my parents are still reading my blog, yes, we have taken over your house, also. And, yes, it took the kids all of about 10 minutes to find the chocolate in the pantry. Thanks mom!)

So, this afternoon, Jacob and I head down to mom and dad's house so that he could work on a homework assignment for which he needed the internet. And, yes, I am saying that he was working on homework on a Friday afternoon. Thankfully, I still have 4 days to reverse this behavior. Before leaving the other kids, I say to them, "Jacob and I are walking down to Grandma and Grandpa's for just a minute. I'll be right back. Girls, I'm leaving you in charge." After a few minutes, the girls walk in the front door of Grandma's house. "Where's Samuel?" I ask. Elizabeth Ann replies, "Oh, we left him in charge of himself!" Uh-oh...mayday, mayday. I'm happy to report that the house is still standing.

We are currently enjoying a relaxing evening of movie watching and popcorn eating. And, Barry and Tab, don't worry...it's only "Nightmare on Elm Street." It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment