Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Will Survive...

Well, believe it or not, we have nearly made it! After 14 days, 6 kids, 3 houses, 42 meals, too many soccer games, practices, baseball games, and practices to count, we have survived. With my Gloria Gaynor theme song playing in the background, I am officially typing my last blog entry.

The kids spent about an hour last night "decorating" the house for their parent's return. We made a "Welcome Home" sign, hung streamers, made paper lanterns, you name it. All, so Tabatha will have something to pick up when she gets home. While we were doing this, Jacob was at a baseball game in Elkmont (they won, by the way!). When he returned, the younger kids were all in bed. As he was putting his baseball items away, he looked up and saw the "Welcome Home" sign. Under his breath, I heard him say, "Wow, I feel special." Hate to burst your bubble kid!

As I sit and watch by the window for the truck to pull in the driveway, I wonder what stories the kids will tell Barry and Tab about these 2 weeks. Will they admit that we played Blackjack one night with popcorn? Will they admit to watching "Alvin and The Chipmunks - The Squeakquel?" Will they fess up that we almost left Samuel at school one day?? (I know what you're thinking, How could we possibly forget HIM?) I suppose I will just have to sit and wait for that phone call from my brother that begins this way, "Is it true that while we were gone y'all........." Uh. Yes.

I've been asked many questions during the past two weeks...Does this make you want more children? Does this make you wish you had six kids? Have you been getting any sleep? Have you "hit the booze" yet? (I won't tell who asked me that one! ) I've just smiled and politely answered them all. But, by far, my favorite question was this one...would you do it again?

Absolutely.

Oooo...here they come! Here they come!

5 comments:

  1. Yes, we are home! We had a wonderful trip and enjoyed spending the time with Barry and Tab. Thanks for your help on the kid-keeping part of this project. Olen and I have enjoyed keeping up with the kiddos through your blog, and I feel certain there are many events that could not be repeated in public! We look forward to hearing the "rest of the story" sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So enjoyed your venture into the BLOG world...you are a natural...with storytelling and keeping up with my "Birthday Buddy", Samuel!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!! i so would do this for cynthia and jamie, too! love your family!!! you should just start a blog, period! check out ours

    www.themcelyeafamilyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you know you can handle the load, I say you and Norm should go for round 2 - have three more - but boys this time. It's a piece 'a cake. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, speaking of cake and such...have to comment on the Oreos lasting 2 hours? Psh! Amateurs.

    ReplyDelete