Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 1...

Here's the story...it's 14 days, 6 children, 5 sports schedules, 3 houses, and only 2 adults. Does anyone else see a problem with this??

Several months ago, my brother mentioned an interest in making a "once-in-a-lifetime" trip to Israel and Jordan with his wife. "You wouldn't want to keep our kids for us so we could go, would you??" he nonchalantly asked one day. I believe my exact words were, "Sure! How hard could it be??!?" Did I mention that I have 3 kids of my own? And, he has 3? So, here we are...six against two....and, we've only had them in our care for 7 hours now.

As I sit here contemplating how the next 312 hours are going to unfold, I've learned a few things from the past 7 that might come in handy...

1. Samuel is not going to stop talking...not even while he excuses himself from the room to go to the restroom.
2. Jacob and Emily are much smarter than I am and have already done what I'm about to ask them to do.
3. If I don't leave any outside lights on the house in the "on" position, I will, in fact, drive right past it in the darkness of night. Which will result in Jacob calmly asking me where in the world I am going, AND in the Bailey's asking why I am "cruising" by their house each night. Note to self: Find the switch to the outside lights tomorrow.
4. The Caffeine Free Cokes are in the outside fridge...something tells me by Day 7, I'm gonna need the "fully leaded" version, but these will do for now.
5. When cooking taco meat for 8 people, 3 pounds of meat is not enough.
And, finally...
6. Whatever we do over the next 13 days, I can guarantee that it will not be done without lots of giggles...and lots of comic strips drawn by Samuel!


What will tomorrow hold? Check back and find out!

Oh great...just got an email from the baseball coach...

2 comments:

  1. Meanwhile on the other side of the world we are having a great time. Thanks Barbara Jo and Bonny!

    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask Samuel if he'll let you post some of his comic strips for us to read!

    ReplyDelete